Replacement Door

Started by jjskibinski, September 06, 2016, 08:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjskibinski

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement door for my 6 rack digital smoker? The plastic cracked right at the pin and now the door doesn't seal completely, not to mention falls off when you open it. Any advice would be appreciated.

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.

Do you need the whole door or just the trim panel?  Yard & Pool sells them both.

watchdog56

You can check here on a mod I did for my door. I replaced a couple of molding pieces and hinges before I did this.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=35567.0

Alanfromwis

I put 4  2 inch hinges with removable pins on mine. I have the 4 rack digital. Laid smoker on its back, positioned door carefully into proper alignment then used self tapping screws that came with the hinges.  The screws start quite easily on the thin metal. I removed old hinges from top & bottom. Works great. You could also use one piano hinge the whole side.
A
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

jjskibinski

Upon further review, it is just the plastic strip at the top and not the door that needs to be replaced. I like the other solutions with the hinges too. I may give that a try.

TedEbear

Quote from: jjskibinski on September 08, 2016, 07:53:05 AM
Upon further review, it is just the plastic strip at the top and not the door that needs to be replaced.

You can buy a new trim panel for your door at the link I previously provided.