Help - Spare Ribs

Started by David6340, July 18, 2004, 05:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David6340

I've got 6 slabs of spare ribs that I'm going to attempt to smoke tomorow. Each slab weighs about 3 lbs. I've cut each slab in half for a total of 12 and applied rub. Could anybody tell me how long and at what temp I should smoke these? I have three whole chickens also but I don't think I'll be able to fit with all the ribs. Maybe I'll use the kettle for those.

Thanks,

Dave

pedally

I'd try to keep my heat right around 225, depending on if you want to smoke the ribs or bar-b-que them.  If you want more smoke, try around 210-225.  Bar-B-Que... 225 to 250.  I'd keep them on at least 5 hours and then check the temp on them.  Good luck, just my advice.

Bassman

Have you read the thread on Ribs?Lots of info and ideas.[:)]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

David6340

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pedally</i>
<br />I'd try to keep my heat right around 225, depending on if you want to smoke the ribs or bar-b-que them.  If you want more smoke, try around 210-225.  Bar-B-Que... 225 to 250.  I'd keep them on at least 5 hours and then check the temp on them.  Good luck, just my advice.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks very much, I've got 6 people coming and this is my first time usung the BS. If it doesn't come out, theres always the Colonel!