Where to buy inline fuse?

Started by Eman, September 24, 2016, 10:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eman

I have a Bradley Original, and it seems like the inline fuse is shot. The only sources I'm finding to buy one are charging $20 shipping to Canada. Any idea where to buy one? Seems like this should be a cheap part.

Habanero Smoker

You can get them directly from Bradley. Call their customer service.

Before you order, are you sure it is the inline fuse, and not another problem?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

TedEbear

Yard and Pool sells them.  I'm not sure about shipping to Canada.

Toker

My link is in Canadian $ so, cheaper than Y&P  ;)

Eman

It's definitely the thermal fuse. It measures as infinite resistance, the heater measures 30 ohms. Plus, just to check I put a jumper wire across it and the heater & lamp started working again.

Would there be a problem with just soldering in something like this, 10A thermal cutoff fuse? I'm not sure if the different package would be an issue.

http://canada.newark.com/thermodisc/g4a01184c/fuse-thermal-184-c-10a-250v/dp/09WX6684

Habanero Smoker

I'm not sure if the specs would be the same. Since you have at least two Canadian sources to purchase your inline fuse from, and the cost of the one you posted a link to is comparable to the Bradley fuse; I would stick with the Bradley replacement part.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Edward176

Thanks Toker for the info on Barbecue World. I've been looking for a supplier that supplies goodies and ships them for all my Bradley and BBQ needs at a reasonable price, and now I've found one. Once again Thank You

Toker

kentc

Link doesnt work.  Any other places in Canada to buy from?

Habanero Smoker

Hi kentc;

Welcome to the forum.

If you are having a problem finding a retailer, you can get it directly from Bradley.

Edited:
I just read your other post. If this post is referring to the same fuse, then that fuse on the back of your generator is not referred to as the in-line fuse. That is a glass fuse, which I believe is 10amp. You can find them in almost any hardware store, or auto parts store. Generally to remove the glass fuse, that cap either screws off, or you need to depress it, and turn it until it stops, then pull it out. The in-line fuse that we refer to on this forum, is the in-line fuse that is located in the back of the cabinet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.