My first ever salmon

Started by Toker, October 10, 2016, 03:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi, I know I just posted it on Facebook Bradley Smoker group but I'M so proud of me that I had to post it here too. It's my first ever maple salmon (hot smoked). It taste crazy good ;D

watchdog56

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Toker

Thank you. I have smoked for 4h with Kummok temp but using Alder.

manfromplaid

that looks awesome.. maple smoked candied salmon is a fav. around here and I do about 50 lbs a year. great job and if it leaves the plate quick you know ya got to do more.....

Edward176

It looks incredible and bet it even tastes better ;D, Can you post the recipe for us to try?

Toker

For a filet 3 LBS

1 filet
1/2 cup of brown sugar
60g of coarse salt
4 cups of water
1,5 cup of maple syrup

I hot smoked as Kummok said starting at 100f and increasing 10-20 degrees every 2h up to 170f (smoker temp).
Smoke with Alder for 4h of smoke

While smoking, baste with maple syrup every 30 minutes and take out at 140f

Edward176

Thanks Toker, I'll give it a try next week, expecting company for 2 weeks and smoking is the name of the game ;)

Toker

Welcome  ;)

P.S. I smoked with Alder cause I did not have maple wood anymore but the recipe call for maple wood.

Salmonsmoker

Toker, your salmon looks really good. All up and down the west coast alder is the traditional wood used to smoke salmon, and that goes way back to the native population. You done good son. :) :)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Toker

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Toker

Kummok

Giving my keyboard a real drool test, Toker...Looks delicious!! Alaskans always curious which salmon smoked?

Toker

Hey BIG THANKS Mr Kummok, from you, it is really touching me. I smoked my salmon using your method. I mean, increasing the temp gradually. I started at 100f and I increased by 10-15 degrees f every hour up to 180F. I took it out at 140f internal of each pieces. Thanks again :D

P.S. As far as the salmon kind, I took it from the super market and it say Atlantic salmon. Don't know much sorry.