It's broke again

Started by jesse_sanders, October 10, 2016, 05:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse_sanders

I've had it for two years, maybe three, and this is the second time I've gotten the puck feed error. The first time it emptied out the hopper and put all the pucks in the water pan. Waste of $20 or so. Now it beeps and there's an E on the top left of the display. For what I paid for this unit I'm terribly dissatisfied and disappointed. I was only able to smoke salmon yesterday thanks to the amzn tube I bought that uses pellets and what's funny is that tube with smoldering pellets in it actually keeps the smoker at temperature better than anything else I've tried to help out the sorry heating element. I'm sorry for the rant but if I'd have known of the poor quality I would have opted for something different. Hopefully people researching smokers will come across this and steer them away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with yours.  I switched to the A-MAZE-N pellet tube over a year ago, not because I was having trouble with the puck feeder but because the pucks were in short supply for a while.  During that time, I discovered the cost of pellets versus pucks and I stayed with the pellets.

Anyway, click on the link in the FAQ below if you want to try and fix yours. 

Scroll down to where it says:  Why does my Digital Bradley Smoker starts OK then beeps and displays an E1 error on the screen?

Also, click and scroll down near the end to this one:  What is an "E" message?

This one might also help: Why are the bisquettes continuously feeding, and just being dumped into the water bowl?

TedEbear

Quote from: jesse_sanders on October 10, 2016, 05:41:43 AMThe first time it emptied out the hopper and put all the pucks in the water pan. Waste of $20 or so.

I went back and reread your message later today and saw this.  How many pucks are you loading per smoke?  You do know that you do not need to apply smoke for the entire time that you're slow smoking, right?  $20 would be 50-60 pucks.   :o

The meat absorbs very little smoke after it gets to around 140*F.  I usually go no longer than 3-4 hours at the max when applying smoke.

jesse_sanders

I think I had 40 qued because I was doing a brisket and wasn't sure how many I'd actually need. But yeah it put almost all of them in and around the pan. I'm going to email them later. I'm sure they'll tell me it's out of warranty but it's worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

For brisket I only use 12 bisquettes of oak or pecan (approximately four hours worth), then continue to cook until you reach your desired doness.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)