Butts

Started by manfromplaid, October 20, 2016, 10:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

Started a couple 10 lb bone in butts yesterday morning around 8. They passed the fork test at 4 am this morning.  20 hrs but its done when its done. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMB

They look good, what rub did you use?
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

manfromplaid

I used a store bought -  bad byron's butt rub-   rubbed and sit in fridge overnight-4 hrs hickory at 210 deg. 20 hrs total in the smoker. temps between 190 and 205 depends where I stuck my thermapen. rest about 15 min then pulled. bones just fell out. more pics when I bag it up :)

TMB

Quote from: manfromplaid on October 20, 2016, 11:31:29 AM
I used a store bought -  bad byron's butt rub-   rubbed and sit in fridge overnight-4 hrs hickory at 210 deg. 20 hrs total in the smoker. temps between 190 and 205 depends where I stuck my thermapen. rest about 15 min then pulled. bones just fell out. more pics when I bag it up :)
I use Bad Byron's all the time.   If you add some apple juice then vacuum seal the butts they are even better when you warm them up.   The apple juice will carry the flavor all through the meat

Bad Byron's is even safe for infrared cookers is you have one.  Won't burn since there is not a lot of sugar in it

cherrybergher

Great looking butts
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

manfromplaid

And the pile and bagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manfromplaid

not vac sealed just ziplock bags. by the time my kids go thru the freezer it will be gone way too soon.

TMB

I make four butts at a time then freeze them, this way I have back up if needed  ;)

watchdog56

Great looking. I need to get me some more butts and stock my freezer.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Edward176

They look real great!!

SmokinMoe

Just go ahead and deliver to my house.  Looks like you got a good bark on it.  Have one in the 'frig right now waiting for an appt. with my Bradley at 4 am tomorrow morning.....
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

Roget

Sam's has butts on sale, & I almost picked up a couple, but V reminded me that I have three in the freezer now.  :)
YCDBSOYA

TMB

Quote from: Roget on October 27, 2016, 09:24:28 AM
Sam's has butts on sale, & I almost picked up a couple, but V reminded me that I have three in the freezer now.  :)
Heck a few extra wont hurt ;) ;D ;D

Roget

Quote from: TMB on October 27, 2016, 12:44:23 PM
Quote from: Roget on October 27, 2016, 09:24:28 AM
Heck a few extra wont hurt ;) ;D ;D

Right.

Tell V that. ;D
YCDBSOYA