Ordered my new DBS

Started by ahron, August 18, 2006, 11:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahron

I think i did pretty good, I ordered the 4 rack Digital, 4 packs of 120 pucks, 1 48 pack and the cook book for $550 shipped.  I cant wait to get it next week and stop using my grill to smoke foods.  Thank you to everyone for the information in all of your postings and steering me away from a green egg.  Has anyone build a stand to put the smoker on?

manxman

Welcome to the forum ahron, good luck with your new DBS.

I got a stand from a local DIY store, a plastic workbench for just a few $/£'s, but plenty of folks have different solutions and hopefully someone can come up with ideas for building a stand.

Have fun.......... ;D
Manxman

Mr Walleye

ahron

what I did was bought a mechanics cart from Canadian Tire. It works great, has good size wheels, two of them lock, all four swivel and it has a lower shelf. I did have to block the BS up a bit so the door would open properly. Below is a link to a picture of it.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396669458&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1156016643293&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442952183&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Oldman

QuoteThank you to everyone for the information in all of your postings and steering me away from a green egg.
While my Bradley does things my Egg does not there is a place for my Egg...  ;D Like charing down Oak wood and hot grillin' steaks~~~  :o

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ahron

I would have really liked to get the Egg for that reason but i had a hard time justifying that since i bought a 6 burner bbqs galore stainless steal grill last year.  The primary purpose i was getting another outdoor cooking device was for smoking, i knew i had to get the Bradley vs the egg.  I can't wait to get it this week!it this week!