Thermoworks (Smoke)

Started by Shasta bob, November 18, 2016, 08:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

I'm interested in purchasing this new SMOKE from THERMOOWORKS, I was hoping that someone here has one or used one with some reviews or comments. what is this line of sight for the portable readout? line of sight or in the house to the smoker? any help would be great.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Habanero Smoker

I have a lot of Thermoworks product, and I'm planning to purchase the Smoke this coming spring. I'm reading all good reviews on this product. It's like the Maverick on steroid. People are reporting good signal reception, easy setup, quick syncing, and it can be calibrated. Right now it only comes with radio transmission and reception. Come spring they are introducing a Wi-Fi gateway that can be used with any smartphone with their app. As soon as they have the gateway up and running that is when I will make my purchase.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Shasta bob

Should we wait and see? or will the smoke set they have now work with the wi fi later?
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Shasta bob on November 18, 2016, 04:17:06 PM
Should we wait and see? or will the smoke set they have now work with the wi fi later?

The Wi-Fi gateway will work with the current model they are selling. The only reason I'm waiting is that I'm in New York, so my barbecue season is about over, plus I'm figuring in the spring they will come up with a bundle, and it will be cheaper to buy both at the same time. If Thermoworks does give a discount for the bundled package, I'm sure they will give the customers that already purchased the Smoke, a discount on the gateway. If you send them an email enquiring about a possible discount on the gateway, I'm sure someone will get back to you. I always get a quick reply back from them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Salmonsmoker

SB, I've already bought one and it's sitting in my smoking gadgets drawer. The ease of set-up was one of the major attractions. I have numerous Thermoworks units including the Thermapen, and they are all quality. I haven't had a chance to use it yet as we've have a steady onslaught of rain in my area, PNW(seems like months!) >:(
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.