New to the Bradley experience

Started by Chilebear, November 20, 2016, 08:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilebear

I've been smoking nearly all my adult life using everything from a Weber Kettle to foil pouches of wood chips in my gas grill, but just got my new BDS for my 56th birthday. It's seasoning right now and I can't wait to put it to use for Thanksgiving.

CB, Front Royal, VA

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  What size turkey are you planning on smoking?

Chilebear

Actually braising the turkey but making a version of Atomic Buffalo Turds ;D (JalapeƱos, herbed cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and smoked) I stole this idea from a smoked meat vendor at a music festival in central VA.

TedEbear

Sounds good!.  Be sure and check out the Bradley User Recipe Site.  There's a version for smoking ABT's and a whole lot more.  You can compare it with the one you're doing and see what temp, etc., they used.

I spent a night in Front Royal back in '97, when I pedaled the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway with a group on our way from the Gulf Coast in FL to Portland, ME.  Nice area but also a lot of climbing.  :)

Sausage Master

I've had an original 4 rack Bradley for over 7 years.  Never had a problem and it's gotten a LOT of use.
Charles (Chuck) Freeland
The Sausage Master
Phone: 405-397-1084 Fax: 888-547-7993
Email: [email protected]

Edward176

Welcome to the forum CB, you've come to the right place, Good Luck with your Thanks Giving Turkey. Let us know how it turns out.

mahto

tu amigo
mahto