Urgent help needed!!

Started by Roget, November 20, 2016, 09:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roget

Has any one figured a way to use the Bradley cold smoke adapter without the bypass sensor plug?

I got ready to smoke cheese today & somehow my sensor plug came up missing.
So I have 15 lbs. of cheese cut & ready to smoke & no way to smoke it.

Please help me if you have any suggestions.
I will call Bradley tomorrow but I am hoping to get my cheese smoked before it dries out.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

I know, I could ice the cabinet down & hope for the best, but with that much cheese at stake that is not an option IMHO. It is pretty hot in my smokehouse to try to do it without using the adapter.

YCDBSOYA

tskeeter

Can you change the arrangement of your smoker generator and smoker to move the heat away from your smoker?  I'm thinking setting the smoke generator and the cabinet back to back, so they can be connected with the standard patch cables.  Then arranging a smoke collector box and flexible duct to feed smoke into the smoker.

Roget

Quote from: tskeeter on November 20, 2016, 12:20:45 PM
Can you change the arrangement of your smoker generator and smoker to move the heat away from your smoker?  I'm thinking setting the smoke generator and the cabinet back to back, so they can be connected with the standard patch cables.  Then arranging a smoke collector box and flexible duct to feed smoke into the smoker.

Not really feasible for me.
My cabinet is pretty much positioned as to prevent that.
Thanx
YCDBSOYA

tskeeter

Another alternative might be to cut and lengthen the existing patch cord.

Roget

Thanks for you suggestions.
As late in the day as it is getting I think I will either call Bradley tomorrow morning about how quick & price on a replacement, or maybe try to find the parts locally to make one.
I've wrapped my cheese in plastic wrap. Hopefully that will suffice until I can replace the plug.
YCDBSOYA

Salmonsmoker

Tskeeter has the simplest solution. I cut my patch cord in the middle and spliced a piece of small gage lamp cord between the two ends. That was at least 10 years ago. Still using the same cord. :)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Roget

Called Bradley this morning & ordered 3 bypass sensors. $5.99 each.
Will ship out today, will have them tomorrow afternoon.

Thanx to all who helped.
YCDBSOYA