First smoke in new Smart Smoker

Started by BigTex71, November 23, 2016, 03:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigTex71

I don't uninstall. I just clean it in the cabinet. But the cover over the puck burner has two Philips-head screws - I imagine you can remove it that way.

kevbaxter23

Quote from: Toker on November 24, 2016, 07:48:21 AM
OK I understand  ;) Me I have an android and I still wondering if I should buy this smoker because of my phone. I mean, I'M afraid that it won't work with my phone lol!
I have a droid turbo and the ISmart Smoker. When I purchased the smoker about three months ago, one of the reasons I bought it was for Bluetooth.  I downloaded the app but it would not connect. I was told my phone would not work. Very disappointed in that aspect and have not searched to see if anything has been done since.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Toker

My Samsung Grand Prime does not works either  :-\

Olev

Hi BigTex71, please remove your water level indicator sticker from the bowl. It may give out some unwanted side tastes in your future cooking  ;)

jlevin75

Quote from: BigTex71 on December 02, 2016, 03:49:17 PM
Sorry for the delay. I kept forgetting to take more pictures.

Here is the drip tray 'bucket' that hangs from the exhaust vent area.

Here are the lower interior shots showing the inverted v over the puck burner and the one over the heating element.

And here is the lower portion of the door.

Interesting. It looks like they slightly changed the design. The covers on my pick burner and heating element slide onto pins so I can just pop them off after a smoke and toss them in the dishwasher with everything else.
Yours look to be screwed in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toker

Edward176

I see that there is a lip or flashing at the base of the door, now that's a good idea. Wish my DBS had one, would keep that black liquid from pouring out onto the table and underneath the smoker. Makes for a nasty clean up job later. Haven't had any raining down onto my meat yet.

gricardsimplycol

I wonder will that phone run the fire extinguisher to put out the fire in your smoker if your not right there when it starts because now that your smoker is so smart that you can do other things while your phone keeps an eye on things?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bestsmokersinfo

Great, if you have time, I would have a couple of question about this smoker please. What about the V tray, it looks different from the old one? Can it be remove for cleaning it? And I seen a kind of thing above the pucks burner, how do we install it? Also, it seems to be a kind of bowl on the top of the smoker. Does it come with it installed or you must installing it yourself? A couple of pictures would be nice if you have the time please. Thanks

Toker

No V-tray but the thing above the element can be removed so the shield above the pucks. And the kind of bowl on top is for avoiding the dripping caused by the winter temp.

Envoyé de mon iPod touch en utilisant Tapatalk