6 shelf rebuild

Started by alexcc1, November 27, 2016, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexcc1

So here it is, my neighbor got rid of his Bradley 6 shelf smoker (BTDS108P), after it quit and he couldn't get it going.  Problem is that it is now missing several parts. I like projects, so I figure I'll get it going.

I know that I'll need a heating element, heating element insulators, heating element cage, the temperature sensor, and a back cover. I think I can find most of the parts, and I can make a back cover. 

I found a rough diagram, but I need to know what the wiring and plugs look like. Can anyone help with a few pics?

I tried to include a couple of pictures of what I have to give folks an idea of what I am working with, but I haven't yet figure it out.

Salmonsmoker

Alex, If you're going to re-build the 6-rack, you might think about going to a larger element. I did the 900W upgrade. Rather than re-type the procedure, a search through this forum will show several different mods. Have fun with your re-build!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

TedEbear

Quote from: alexcc1 on November 27, 2016, 07:52:32 PM

I tried to include a couple of pictures of what I have to give folks an idea of what I am working with, but I haven't yet figure it out.

Hi, Alex and welcome aboard.  Here's how to u/l pics to your messages.

1. Upload your pic(s) to a free host site, such as Photobucket.
2. Next to each pic is an IMG box. Left click in that box and the contents will automatically be copied onto your clipboard.
3. Paste those contents into a message on here.
4. It is not necessary but if you want to see if it worked before posting your message you can click on the Preview button.

Hint: If you think you might be using Photobucket for eventually storing lots of pics it is a good idea to create different folders for each theme such as Food, Hobbies, Cars, etc.  Just make sure you upload them to the appropriate folder. Keeping your Photobucket pics organized makes them much easier to find later on.