smoke em if ya got em! Hello from the UK

Started by bobbyspangles, November 28, 2016, 01:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyspangles

Hello from the UK.
I picked up a used original smoker and ,after a few false starts, managed to get the thing going on a brisket. After 6hrs the damn thing hadn't cooked! Highest temperature reached was around 70f so I think the heating element has gone. Back to the drawing board.... :-\

I finished the brisket off in the oven and the smoked flavour was lovely but still frustrating that its still not 100%

What I do like about the Bradley is that the build is relatively simple when needing to repair it.

Look forward to reading tips here and hopefully being a useful member where I can

Alex

Habanero Smoker

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

First make sure the connections from the smoker to the generator are fully connected. Try unplugging the cord at both ends, and reattaching them, making sure they are secure. With the Original Bradley, if the power indicator light still works, the problem is not the heating element.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bobbyspangles

Hi

Thanks for the advice.

I will try that as the power light on the smoking cabinet does illuminate

bobbyspangles

I've tried the connectors and still no joy. No heat at all coming through to the heating element but power lights are all working.

Habanero Smoker

Do you have the model that has the heat controller located at the bottom of the cabinet. If so, the power indicator light I'm referring to is the light just to the left of the heat controller. If that light is working, the element is still good. If the light is not working, the problem could be either your inline fuse has blown, or you high temperature switch has tripped and did not reset. To replace one or/both you need to remove the smoker's back panel.

There is still a possibility that the element along with the inline fuse is bad. If you have a multi-meter you can check the element. Disconnect a wire from one end of the element, set the multi-meter to OHMs. A good element will give a reading between 27 - 32 ohms.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mahto

welcome an this is the place to ask and get great response from members willing to help
tu amigo
mahto
tu amigo
mahto