New to forum, not Bradley Smokers

Started by pdab1976, November 28, 2016, 05:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdab1976

Hey folks, let's start off with the good stuff.  I've had a digital 4-rack smoker for about 10 years and have been EXTREMELY pleased!  Never any issues which weren't able to be solved by cleaning the wood chip particles from the smoke generator.  Then about 3 weeks ago it finally died.  A replacement was ordered and I attempted to do the seasoning 11/23/16.  First attempted use of the new smoker; no luck.  Out of the box, the slider appears to be binding (although nothing seems to be in its way), causing the motor to stop and throw up the "E" code on the display.  I called customer service 11/25 (the Friday after Thanksgiving) and was assured that today (11/28) I would be contacted.  I only have today off this week, so I called customer service today at noon to get an update.  What I was told was that we'll get to you when we get to you and they didn't want to risk duplicating any parts that may be sent my way.  This, at first, made sense I guess but the more I think about it; the more frustrated I get.  I didn't receive a time frame that I'd actually be contacted nor a claim number I could use to call for an update.  I do not seem to have received the same level of customer service that I'd gotten used to reading about others having on the forum.  I just hope that I didn't make a mistake buying another Bradley product even though I'd been so pleased before.  Please advise.  Thanks in advance!

Edward176

Hi pdab and welcome to the forum. I've dealt with Bradley Service department twice in the 2 1/2 years that I've owned my Bradley Smoker and the service has been fantastic. My last dealing was this fall and they were helpful and courteous. They listened to my problem and came up with a resolution and sent out replacement parts. All in all I have been very pleased with their service to date. That being said maybe you caught them on an off day? Either way good luck with your new smoker.   

mahto

tu amigo
mahto

pdab1976

Apparently, it wasn't just an off day.  I called the customer service line back the next afternoon and was put through to someone who seemed to help.  They told me the parts were shipping out & that I'd receive an email with tracking information.  That sounds great, right?  Except that was last Tuesday.  I called today to try for another update since it'd been a week with no email and no parts.  The person I spoke with today said she could find no record of me ever calling!  WHAT?!?  It's the 4th phone call and still no resolution.  I still have a brand new, right out of the box BROKEN smoker.  I wasn't able to use it for Thanksgiving and everyday the parts don't arrive puts Christmas into doubt, too.  Hopefully the parts actually come this time, but who knows!  VERY disappointed in the quality and "customer service" thus far...

KostaKokinis