Get'em While They're HOT!! Great Deal on bisquette

Started by Tominator, July 18, 2004, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAsmoker

I had planned on a long saturday of smoking, when I open my cabinet and saw I had no wood!!   I ran to a Gander Mountain sporting goods store to grab a box or 2.  They had alder, cherry, maple, apple, and hickory for ........$9.97 for a box of 48!!!!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I now have a nicely stocked cabinet again.  last time I was at the local Cabela's they wanted $39 for 120.  This comes out to $29.91 for 144.  not to shabby.  Chez, sorry I posted this.  I'm a small business man too, & I hate it when someone tells me what Lowes, Home Depot, etc are selling their washers, etc for.  I always pitch our service, just like you do. i was just in a pickle for wood. (hmm, that doesn't sound right)
The Original PAsmoker

whitetailfan

PAsmoker,
Can't find much on your profile - is that Pennsylvania or Prince Albert?
Sounds like a smokin' (pun intended) deal you found.  I'd love to stock up again, but don't recognize gander mountain.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Phone Guy

Gander Mountain used to put out a nice mailorder catalogue like Cabelas but I believe Cabelas bought out that part of their business. I don't believe you can order on line anymore. They have a few stores. I might not have all the facts correct but thats what I remember (memory isn't that great anymore).

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PAsmoker</i>
<br />I ran to a Gander Mountain sporting goods store to grab a box or 2.  They had alder, cherry, maple, apple, and hickory for ........$9.97 for a box of 48!!!!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I now have a nicely stocked cabinet again.  last time I was at the local Cabela's they wanted $39 for 120.  This comes out to $29.91 for 144.  not to shabby.  Chez, sorry I posted this.  I'm a small business man too, & I hate it when someone tells me what Lowes, Home Depot, etc are selling their washers, etc for.  I always pitch our service, just like you do. i was just in a pickle for wood. (hmm, that doesn't sound right)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No problem PA, a deal is a deal is a deal. We can't help it if someone is trying to liquidate their inventory for far below cost. Heck, if they were closer, I'd run out & buy everything they had.

Many happy smokes with the bargain wood![:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

PAsmoker

Whitetail, I live in Pennsylvania, not in a can (you know, "do you have prince albert in a can....") I'm in a town famous for Lebanon Balogna (or Lepnun Baloney as it is commonly referred to around here)

Gander Mtn seems to be expanding.  They're mostly in the Northeast & Upper midwest of the US.  According to their website, they're up to about 90 stores or so.  I usually shop my local sporting goods stores, but I'll occasionally venture to a major retailer to nose around.  I now have a Cabela's less than 1/2 hour east of here and a new Bass Pro Shops less than 1/2hr west near the Gander Mtn.  Glad I'm not in that line of business. I do like the laidback atmosphere at GM much better than Cabela's or BassPro (that and BassPro is way too expensive compared to most everywhere else around here).  I'm definitely not a mega-retailer fan, contrary to what this post may seem like.
The Original PAsmoker

Habanero Smoker

In the sixties Gander Mt. use to do the majority of their business through selling rifles by mail order, but a change in the law but an end to mail order guns. I haven't heard about them until your e-mail. I'm glad to see they are still around.

One just opened yesterday in Kingston, NY, about a 30 mile ride for me. Sounds far but it is convenient. Kingston is a unique city that has a majority of major department stores located in one small area, and you can get all your shopping done fairly quickly. I'll check it out next week, after I do my shopping at Sam's.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />In the sixties Gander Mt. use to do the majority of their business through selling rifles by mail order, but a change in the law but an end to mail order guns.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And a big thank you goes out to Lee Harvey Oswald & the short-sighted, panic-stricken legislators at that time. Just more red-tape, not really addressing the issue--or lack thereof.[V][:(!]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?