Big Disappointment

Started by rib-a-lation, December 02, 2016, 02:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rib-a-lation

Yeah, that's gonna be annoying for you until they release the updated app.  I have a Samsung s6 edge, the s6 edge+ is supported but not the regular edge.  And I have to delete and reinstall the app everytime I open it.  I almost thought about getting a new phone, but figured the updated app should only be a month or 2 away.

Toker

rib-a-lation

Damn you lol
How's it working?

Toker

Not tried yet sorry but all so far I can tell you that my puck burner protector looks different than your. No screws to drill only 2 holes to aim the protector to.

rib-a-lation

wow, what a garbage company. 

So I got the replacement smoker showed up, and I was to put the old smoker in the replacements box and they would have fedex pick it up.  Problem is, they never gave me an estimated delivery time, tracking numbers, nothing.  Fedex delivers the package while I'm at work, doesn't call me, or anything, and leaves the smoker in driving rain.  We are talking the most rain my area has seen in a decade. 

6 hours later, I get home, to see a disintegrated box, and my "new" smoker filled with about 10 gallons of water.  It's so water logged I had to actually use a hand truck to move it, this from a former competetive powerlifter.

I called Bradley.  the woman was immediately rude.  Very rude.  Literally wouldn't talk to me after I explained the situation.  I finally said, "are you there?"  She replied with, "look, I don't know what you want me to do.  it's not like we have boxes laying around.  Just go buy a box!".  I told her that for a $700 smoker, I shouldn't have to go buy a $20 box, to ship your defective smoker back to you.  And I have no idea if this "new" smoker will even work".

She then told me they'll call back.  After taking my name and number, hung up on me.  Not even a sorry for your inconvenience, or hell, a goodbye.

I had actually bought my dad and my father in law Bradley Original's for Christmas this year, but am debating on returning everything.

Toker

Sorry for your bad experience but the fixed mine greatly today Only good things to say about them!  ;D

rib-a-lation

I'm hoping they fix this.  It's been a real headache so far.  Shame too, because my old 4 rack Bradley was great.  I've owned a lot of smokers, and this is by far the worst experience.  I'm holding off on a social media and BBQ forum rant until tomorrow, hopefully they do right.

Habanero Smoker

Did you make a complaint to FedEx? They shouldn't have left the merchandise uncovered, especially electronics.

Even if there is a hint of rain, the FedEx driver will place my items in a plastic bag. If the item is oversized, they will use more than one bag. The bags that they use are large, and I'm sure would have covered the box.

This time of year FedEx uses a lot of temporary workers, it may have been a temp worker who's only goal was to get his route completed. I have to say again, you should make a complaint to FedEx.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Roget

I'm with Habs.

The smoker should not have been left without being wrapped.
FedEx is usually very good about that.

I'm just as surprised that you had a problem with Bradley customer service.
The few times I have had contact with them were very satisfactory. (parts replaced just on my word, & CS personnel being very pleasant)

The first smoker should have worked, but the second one is on FedEx.
YCDBSOYA

rib-a-lation

I'm with you guys on it being fedex's fault. I originally called Bradley to tell them about the rain situation because I couldn't even read the tracking numbers on the shipment, so that I could complain to fedex, and I figured they would have the tracking numbers somewhere in their invoice.  But when their CSR was exceptionally rude, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth, for Bradley. However....

UPDATE
I was called by Bradley today, and I assume it was a manager.  They told me that they apologized for my experience thus far, and that the simplest solution was for me to simply keep the second smoker, and use the original smoker for parts if needed.  Now I haven't tested the new smoker for functionality yet, but assuming that the rain didn't kill it (the manager said that the rain shouldn't have hurt anything), I will be retracting my reviews for Bradley.  It's a shame how one low end CSR can hurt a companies image so easily, but I suppose these companies should be more selective in who they pay to be the first line of contact.  Nonetheless, they certainly made up for her failure.  I'm a happy Bradley owner again, and feel a bit more confident that getting my dad, and my father in law Bradley smokers for Christmas, was the right choice.

Toker

You see, not so bad after all?  ;) :D

Jim O

Glad to see all worked out .
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

gricardsimplycol

All this talk about smart smokers leaves me feeling very happy u chose the old style smoker that isn't smart or digital.  Very happy learning the art of smoking with old yet trustworthy technology

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Buddy605

I am having a problem with my smoker . It is sendin me a message saying my wires are not connected correctly. I have removed all the wires and reinstalled them again . I wonder if there is someone out there that can help me with my situation.
Just an update there was a broken wire in the cabinet. Had it replaced thank you to Bradley customer service for answers to my problems , you set the standard for costumer service. Olev was amazing and knowledgeable. I missed a few weekends without my new smoker but did not mind because I knew someone cared and was not getting the run around. You should offer a costumer service course to air Canada or better than that bell.