Impossible to cold smoke with it.

Started by Toker, December 14, 2016, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi just received my Smart Smoker and I want to warn you. If you plan to use it with the cold smoke adaptor, DON'T BUY IT!! The bypass plug doesn't fit the new seize of plug. It's not the same seize and there is no bypass plug just yet so, be warned  ;)

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Toker

I think someone may have given you some wrong information regarding the bypass plug.
We do have a bypass plug designed for the smart smoker in stock.
We are working on a new bypass plug that will fit both the smart smoker and the digital smokers.

If you need one give us a call I will be happy to pop one in the mail for you.

Brian.

Toker

THX!! I want one please  ;D It would save the day :D Were do I call?

Toker

Here is the answer I got yesterday from Mud Bay supply : Hi Francois, unfortunately at this time the BS916 cannot be used with the cold smoke adaptor. We are working on creating a new Bypass Plug and that should be available in the new year. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sorry if it is not true but I took what I got  :(

KostaKokinis

I think Mud Bay was just referring to the newest bypass that will be available in the new year, with the ability to be used on both digital as well as the smart smoker.  :)

Toker

Exact!!  ;D but they scared my damn!  ;D

Toker

The company contacted me and they will send me the plug  :D So YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO COLD SMOKING WITH THE SMART SMOKER! Sorry for the wrong info  ;)