PID calibration

Started by 69firefowl, December 15, 2016, 04:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69firefowl

I built a PID years ago from the plans on susanminor.org.  I had to replace the probe and now it seems to be off 50 degrees.  I am comparing it to the maverick temp reading.

Is there a way to calibrate these?

Thanks..

John
Thanks,
69firefowl

Original Bradley with PID

TedEbear

Was it one of the internal Auber PIDs from the how-to guide on susanminor.org?  If so, you can d/l the instruction manual from the Auber website.  It will tell you how to do an autotune on the PID.

pensrock

If it began reading 50 degrees off since you replaced the probe. Make sure you have the probe wired correctly. You can do this with a lighter, hold the lighter below the probe and watch the Auber. If the reading starts to drop instead of going up switch the wires. Next make sure you have the correct probe. There are many kinds of thermocouples and each kind will read different if the instrument is not set up for it. I think Auber mainly uses type K thermocouples. I really do not think the instrument needs calibrated just because you changed thermocouples.

69firefowl

Checked with a lighter. It raises temp when applied.  I didn't think I would need to calibrate either.  Going to read the manual I guess.  Attached is the pic of the front of the unit   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks,
69firefowl

69firefowl

And it is a K style sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks,
69firefowl