Checking in from London Ontario

Started by pettyfan4343, December 18, 2016, 04:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan4343

Hey Everyone, I just purchased a Bradley  digital  4 rack a few weeks ago. I plan on getting going with in over the X mas holidays. I have had  18.5" wsm for 2.5 years

Does the Bradley need to be seasoned before being used?

Habanero Smoker

Welcome to the forum.

Your new Bradley needs to be seasoned to remove any residual manufacturing oils left on the parts. The full instructions should be in the manual. First fill the water bowl about three-quarters fill and place it in the cabinet. Set the vent to about half open. Preheat the Bradley to 150°F, and at this time also preheat the bisquette burner for about 20 minutes. If the cabinet temperature goes over 150°F, don't worry about it. Load the bisquette tube with five bisquettes, and push the advance button three times. This will place the first bisquette on the bisquette burner. During the seasoning time, two more bisquettes will be moved to the bisquette burner, for a total of one hour of smoke. You will notice that two bisquettes will remain and will not be moved forward. During the seasoning time you may want to monitor to make sure the generator is cycling a bisquette about every 20 minutes, and that the cabinet is heating up. 

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

Welcome to the Forum pettyfan from Winnipeg.

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"