Brisket

Started by Smokey J, December 18, 2016, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey J

Hello,

Pretty new to smoking, I have a 4 rack smoker that I've done some Rib's, Chicken and Sausages on. I was wondering if anyone had a good brisket recipe to share? I love a nice plate of brisket, Southern style, or some Montreal Smoked Meat is great too. Would appreciate an expert opinion on how best to start out with brisket, it seems like it is a bit more difficult than a simple 3-2-1 with ribs. Thanks!
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Bull BBQ Angus 4 Burner
Case of Beer

BC Smoker

Hey smokey J
I've done a number of briskets and have found that this recipe works well for me. It is a cure and wait time leech but sure is worth the wait. What your basically making is corned beef then smoking the brisket(corned beef) to make a pastrami.... Its great on a couple of slices of Russian rye bread with hot mustard and sauerkraut, or just plain by its self.... either way have some fun with it and enjoy.
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/close_to_katzs_home_made_pastrami.html

Salmonsmoker

You can also look up Aaron Franklin's brisket cook on YouTube. He's like the BBQ Guru of Austin TX. He also has videos of BBQ ribs and several others if I remember correctly. They're pretty short and he's fun to watch too.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Smokey J

Ok great thanks, that recipe looks great. I'll check the other one out on YouTube and post some results next time around!
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Bull BBQ Angus 4 Burner
Case of Beer

TedEbear

You can also look around on the old Bradley user recipe site.  There are 3-4 recipes for briskets plus a whole lot more. 

Recipes from the Bradley Smoker Forums