bbq thermometer

Started by RedJada, December 17, 2016, 06:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedJada

Just put some belly's in the smoker and finding since I insulated and dry walled the garage my Maverick 732 cant receive the single from my kitchen witch is only about 40 feet from the smoker. Installed new battery's and still no luck. I just looked at the 735 on amazon but it seems to have low reviews. Wondering what everyone else is using these days. I like the idea of being able to monitor via cell phone or lap top. I'll do some research but am interested in your recommendations. Thanks

Salmonsmoker

RJ,
I bought Thermowork's "SMOKE" recently and really like it. It's much more simple(way more) to program than the Mavericks. I've only used it once with my drum smoker at distance and it worked fine. I don't know  it's range for your situation, but you might give it a look.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

RedJada

Thanks Sal, checked it out on their website and looks pretty sweet. Looks like the smoke is coming out with a wireless gateway in 2017 that will let you use your cell phone via an app. Just what I was looking for. I dang near hit the buy button but thought I would check out their Facebook page first. There I found that they are giving away a smoke tomorrow. http://www.thermoworks.com/Adrenaline-BBQ

I also posted asking when the gateway will be released. If I dont will I'll most likely buy. Thanks

manfromplaid

I followed the link and entered the contest. the video on the smoke shows a nice setup.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: RedJada on December 18, 2016, 05:31:20 AM
Thanks Sal, checked it out on their website and looks pretty sweet. Looks like the smoke is coming out with a wireless gateway in 2017 that will let you use your cell phone via an app. Just what I was looking for. I dang near hit the buy button but thought I would check out their Facebook page first. There I found that they are giving away a smoke tomorrow. http://www.thermoworks.com/Adrenaline-BBQ

I also posted asking when the gateway will be released. If I dont will I'll most likely buy. Thanks

That would be a great contest to win. I already have Meathead's cookbook too. There's a lot of good food science etc. in it. If you don't win the contest, you might think of getting the "SMOKE" and Meathead's book. ;D
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

RedJada

One way or another I will get the smoke. Thanks for the tip on this and the book as well.

69firefowl

good info.  I am looking for a replacement for the maverick also.  I was going to build a raspberry pi unit to replace the Auber PID, still might.  That will allow me to connect to my wifi and send alerts via text/messaging.  Still might as a winter project.

Thanks,
69firefowl

Original Bradley with PID