winter smoking

Started by smokey2016, December 21, 2016, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokey2016

I just got the smart smoker 2 months ago just wondering if its ok to use the electric smokers in the winter or not  will it harm the electronics  thanks for the info

Grouperman941

Cold is no problem, but keep it out of the ice and snow (and rain if you have one of those heat waves). Water can be a problem.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

rib-a-lation

Like the above poster said, cold shouldn't be a problem, but the wet stuff is.  The only issue with cold, is getting the smoker up to temp.  However, the smart smoker is pretty decent in cold weather.  As an example I smoked some party wings last weekend, at 300 degrees with 30 degree ambient.  Normal smoking Temps of 225-240 would probably be attainable at any ambient temperature above zero I would imagine.

Edward176

Hi smokey, I have the Digital 6 Rack smoker and I was smoking all day Tuesday with the temperature of -5'c/23'f with no problems. Just keep it out of the wind and snow. Made kielbasa and it turned out perfect. Enjoy...

smokey2016

thanks for the replies cant wait too get started I done some itallian susage and ribs with my other one what a different food flavor you get from this

rib-a-lation

No different flavors, just a better cooker and cooking experience.

Toker

So, how is your smoker now rib-a-lation?

rib-a-lation

So far, so good.  Actually, so far, so great lol.  I've done a few cooks, and right this moment I have a brisket cooking in it.  With the addition of a tube smoker, everything comes out perfect and as smokey as anyone would ever want.
How are you liking yours?