OK folks, what ya' cooking for Christmas / Hanukkah??

Started by TMB, December 24, 2016, 10:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

manfromplaid

no pics but: 2 loaves crusty cinnamon bread this morning (makes great French toast) chicken legs wrapped with bacon smoked with hickory. that's it so far because my pid won't hold constant temps. ran autotune yesterday and my cook started out nice then 2 hours in my temps dropped and that's that.

cathouse willy

Going out for dinner and taking smoked cheese and bacon as gifts. Manfromplaid sorry to hear about your pid it's timing couldn't be worse. I would like to hear more about your cinnamon loaves,recipe maybe?

cherrybergher

We've got cornish game hens, cabbage rolls and perogies, some rye bread, and to finish off the feast with peanut butter squares, and rum cake.  No smoking this year :(
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

manfromplaid

cathouse willy this is the easiest recipe you can find.  3 cups flour-1&3/4 tsps. salt-1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast-1&1/2 cups water.  whisk together flour salt and yeast. this is where I add the cinnamon and whisk in also. add the water and mix till a shaggy dough forms. cover bowl with plastic set aside for 12-18 hours.(do not refrigerate)  preheat oven to 450. I use a cloche to bake my bread but a ceramic Dutch oven works great also. preheat the pot at the same time. pour dough onto a well floured surface and shape into a ball the dough is very sticky. drop in pot bake for 30 mins covered remove lid another 12-15 mins. remove to cooling rack.with this recipe you can make different kinds of crusty bread   cheese bacon herbs anything that goes good with bread you can try.  have fun