ismoker App?

Started by MJH, December 30, 2016, 05:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJH

Purchased the Smart Smoker and downloaded the app got it to work the first time, although it crashed a number of times while using it. I've never been able to get the app to work with the smoker again, I've tried un installing and re installing it a number of times the app will not even look for the smoker.
Has anyone been able to get this app to work? It looks like a lot of people are having issues as per the app reviews on Google Play.

Toker

What is the device you are using, Android or Apple?

MJH

Toker

I don't see this device on the list so, it may not work for now  :(

MJH

I'm very disappointed with Bradley my phone works with any other Bluetooth device, why would they put Bluetooth in their smoker that does not work with any major smart phone! I spent a lot more money to have the Bluetooth option I could have saved a lot of money a purchase the digital smoker, or another brand of smoker with Bluetooth . They should label their box and any marketing that the Smart Smoker Bluetooth may not work with your phone.
Would be nice if someone from Bradley would chime in with some advice or options?

MJH

Also seems odd that I could get it to connect the first time I used the smoker. The issue then was the app kept crashing, but I could get it to reconnect every time.

Toker

Fully working with my new IPad air 2  :D

Habanero Smoker

I don't have one of these smokers, but I understand your frustration of trying to connect a device to your phone. If you connected the first time, then there may be a glitch somewhere. Does the smoker manual have any information to reset the smoker back to factory settings? Have you tried unplugging the smoker for a few minutes, then plugging it back in.

As far as it was crashing, I had that problem with one of my devices, and had to set my phone not to go into "sleep" mode. Each time it did that it would disconnect from the device.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MJH

The app would crash or freeze up while I was using it and then close itself and send a report.
I plan on using the smoker again today for New Years Eve dinner (chicken wings and ribs) I will give it another try and see if the Bluetooth will work.
Again if a lot of android phones are not going to work, Bradley should be making any potential buyers aware and should work with their existing customers that did purchase these Smart Smokers that can not link their existing phones to it.

Toker

Read these posts, everything is explained there even with the list of the working Android devices. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=37053.0

Habanero Smoker

I have to agree with you. Bradley definitely dropped the ball on this one.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

MJH

Read these posts, everything is explained there even with the list of the working Android devices. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=37053.0

I have read that post and does nothing for me it also does not express and hope for someone in my position. They state in that post some phones are not compatible due to the way they use Bluetooth. I don't believe the phones are to blame as my cell phone is a very popular one and I've never had trouble using anything else with Bluetooth.
Still waiting for someone from Bradley to offer some advice or direction on this.

Habanero Smoker

You would be better off contacting Bradley Customer Service by phone. They may not be open on Monday, since many businesses will use the second as a holiday, since the first fell on a Sunday.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Olev

Hi Shawn, sorry for the troubles you having with your device.
The app works perfectly with apple devices.
If your phone is not on the list then it probably won't work. Android has the issue with Bluetooth and it is well known.
You may have very popular Android phone but the time this Bluetooth chip was adopted it was not compatible and probably will not be.

Toker

So glad i bought an iPad  :D Thanks again Olev and sorry for disturbing you. François