Machine gun puck drop

Started by bat119, January 01, 2017, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat119

Hit the smoker "on" button it advances all the puck in the water bowl :'(

I opened the machine checked the micro switch operation the motor arm is making contact and clicking its just not turning off sometimes. I tried some electrical contact cleaner on the micro switch it worked for almost a whole smoke then quit again I don't really want to take this apart every time I use it. Is there someplace to buy a new micro switch?

I should mention I also get the "E" message
'A few decades ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs.

Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.'

Bill Murray

Edward176

Hi bat, sorry to hear you are having issues. I had a similar issue with my smoker back in May. I called the Bradley 1-800 number and spoke with a service rep who helped me diagnose my problem and suggested I replace the small motor and micro switch. They took my address and credit card info and sent me the parts, all worked out and it wasn't too pricey.
North American Customer Service Bradley phone lines are open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST; Monday through Friday
Toll Free: (866) 508-7514
Local: (309) 343-1124
Fax: (309) 343-1126

bat119

Thanks I'll give them a call, I wish I would have done some research before I bought this unit I don't think I've ever done 3 smokes in a row without something going wrong. Really defeats the purpose of having an automatic puck drop when I use the Amazin smoke tube more than the machine all I really have is a $500 box.
'A few decades ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs.

Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.'

Bill Murray