Smokeless in Maryland...

Started by MDsmoker, January 01, 2017, 02:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDsmoker

Hello, newbie here to Bradley smokers and smoking in general. Tried my first 2 smokes that came out less than perfect so I decided to come to a place to get some education, got a ton of questions and look forward to all interaction.....my name is John.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome John, everything has  learning curve and the Bradley isn't any different. As you gain experience you'll learn what it excels at and also it's limitations. Remember first that's it's a "low and slow", not a "hot and fast" cooker. I mention this because other posters(new owners) to this forum have misunderstood the purpose of this smoker, and were very disappointed with the results they got. I have put "tons" of salmon, my own cured hams, bacon, sausage, pulled pork, etc., through my smoker. I've done some mods to it over the years, but it continues to roll on. Hope you have the same experience with yours!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Edward176

Congratulations MDsmoker and welcome to the Forum. You have most definitely come to the right place, there is an endless amount of knowledge and expertise here and the members here are always more than willing to share and assist when you need help. As Salmonsmoker said it takes a little time to get the hang of it, but trust me it comes quickly. I fired up my Bradley less then 3 years ago and I was as green as they come. Now I smoke on a regular basis and the meat just gets better and better all the time.

MDsmoker

Excellent!! Tomorrow I will give a detailed account of my experience and will look to soak up the advice!

Grouperman941

Quote from: MDsmoker on January 01, 2017, 03:00:46 PM
Excellent!! Tomorrow I will give a detailed account of my experience and will look to soak up the advice!

The best advice you will get is to read through this entire forum. There are a lot of gurus who don't participate much anymore, but all the advice is still good. You can also see how certain things that forumgoers take for granted as truth evolved. Also find the thread on the recipe site and read through that.

Good luck.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.   :)

Here's a link to the archive version of the recipe site if you want some great ideas on things to smoke.

Recipes from the Bradley Smoker Forum