New Member: Four tray Digital smoker with E error

Started by gmcafee, January 07, 2017, 07:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcafee

Got a new smoker for Christmas.  Very excited about using it, but get an E message and beeping as soon as I try to turn on the smoker.  Any help would be appreciated. So far customer support has been no help.

Thanks

tskeeter

The first thing I would try is re-seating the patch cord between the smoke generator and the smoker.  These cords can be a bugger to get fully seated the first few times they are connected.  Unplug, then re-connect using a twisting motion and a good amount of pressure.

Edward176

Jhlvhorses

I just got my digital 4 rack and getting this same message.  I have unplugged and replugged the cord.  Will try the twisting motion next.
Gmcafee did you get yours to work??

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

gmcafee

No luck for me.  I spoke with customer service earlier this week and they said to open the smoker box up and see if anything was disconnected.  Did that, but without any drawings or diagrams it is hard to know if anything wrong.  Customer service is only available 8 to 5 during the week.  Makes it hard to try to fix this thing when I am home from work.  Very frustrated with this entire ordeal right now.  Heard good things about these smokers, but three weeks in to it I cant get it to work and cant seem to get any useful help at all.  About ready to give it back to them!

Jhlvhorses

Ugh!!!  My bf is ready to take ours back too....  I have salmon ready to be smoked. 

Jhlvhorses

Quote from: tskeeter on January 07, 2017, 11:32:13 AM
The first thing I would try is re-seating the patch cord between the smoke generator and the smoker.  These cords can be a bugger to get fully seated the first few times they are connected.  Unplug, then re-connect using a twisting motion and a good amount of pressure.
I tried this with mine several times.  Any other ideas?

Jhlvhorses

Bf just got here brought everything inside.  He did plug.  And it works.  Took back outside and working.... hopefully continues

Olev

An "E" error usually means Jammed Bisquette. But it can also mean that during very cold temperatures the motor could be frozen or the Infrared arm positioning sensor is frozen. 

"E1" error means the sensor cable is not connected properly or the it is very cold and the internal temperature sensor is out of range.

Hope it helps.

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

carl magna

I have found that below 32F it has errors, I use a heat gun to warm it up to 40f and it works. It was at 2f when I had problems. the smoker does not work below 60f ambient. I built a box and insulated it with a 4"furnace flue vent and small intake near the smoke generator. it now will work down to 32f and mild wind.