Fresh sausage recipe w/ cheese

Started by Johnny, January 09, 2017, 02:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Hey,
Does anyone have a great fresh sausage recipe that takes high temp cheese?
Thanks,
Johnny!

watchdog56

I used to try and make my seasoning for venison and came real close to what I was looking for but then thought I would give a package of seasoning from my butcher a try. IT came out so good I usually add cheddar to it and everyone loves it. It is called Grandpa Josh snack stick seasoning. Just use directions on package. It does come with cure but the color is not pink. I used it once and I don't know if I did not use enough in my mix (only tried 5 # batch) but it did not taste quite right. No body got sick but I switched to using the pink cure I know. On package has enough  to do 25# batches. I just did a few test batches to see how much cheddar I like and I usually put about 12 ounces for a 10# batch.

Johnny

Thanks Watchdog,
Pretty much looking for a fresh pork sausage recipe from scratch.. something like a spicy cheesy flavor. I'm trying to stay clear of pre packaged season mix simply because in the last year or so i've invested in a'lot of spices and binders.

Piker

I have the same problem as I have a ton of seasonings so L just googled sausage making etc or anything with sausage in it and I came up with hundreds of recipes. Piker

Johnny

I agree Piker,
I have seen a ton of recipes online and some are great! I find any recipe from Rytek's book are spot on but always in search for more so I dont get bored lol.
Johnny

Habanero Smoker

I can't find my recipe; but mine is originally based on this recipe Jalapeno Cheddar Bratwurst

I don't add the sugar, and the salt that I use is pickling or non-iodized salt. I use about 10 feet of 32mm hog casings. I find that a mild pilsner such as Budweiser is a better beer to use than an ale or larger; but also using just water is fine.

If you want to make this a smoked sausage, just add 1 teaspoon of cure #1, and increase the liquid amount by 25% to 50%. When making this fresh I use 1/4 cup of flattened beer..

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Johnny

Piker

Try googling meatsandsausages.com. It is the Weliny Dowome site a lot of good recipes. I do not know if I have it spelled right. Piker

Johnny

Will indeed have a look!
Thanks Piker ;)