Started by Muxanh, January 15, 2017, 01:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muxanh

I'm a newbie to smoking.  Just got a Bradly and any suggestions for getting started would be appreciated.  One question I do have is that since it takes a long time to reach the higher temperatures is it OK to not add the pucks until the temperature is reached?

Edward176

Congratulation Muxanh and welcome to the Forum. No need to add any pucks till you require smoke for smoking. I turn on my puck element without any pucks to help preheat the smoker and to heat up the puck element. No need to add pucks till you are ready for smoking, its cheaper that way, rather than sending smoke up the vent just to preheat your smoker :)
Take a few minutes and go through the forum and read up on tips and suggestions. If you have any issues or questions someone here will be happy to help you out. Once again Welcome to the Forum.

Muxanh

Thanks for the help.  I am reading everything I can but it takes time and I am anxious to get going.

cherrybergher

Congrats and welcome, I know that anxious feeling well.  However, a little prep reading up-front can reduce headaches later.  Best of luck
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"