Pulled pork

Started by Johnny, January 19, 2017, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Thinking It might be a" take out" night unless something drastic happens lol
The Butt actually dropped in temp after I last posted to 146 and stalled  until a few mins ago and went up a couple degrees.
I'm guessing this is normal?

watchdog56

You could probably put in oven at 250-275. It might get done by supper time but you won't be able to foil it. Should still be good though.

Johnny

Well, I took out the roast out of the smoker. Brought it in and put it in the oven @ 250° ... flavour was all there but wasn't as tender as I would have liked. I couldn't pull the meat away with a fork. I will try this again sparing more time :) thanks for all your help guys!

cherrybergher

I usually put some mustard on my butts before applying the rub.  I find the rub sticks much better, you wont taste it in the finished product
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Johnny

I believe I've seen that done b4! Ill give it a try, tkx!
Johnny.

Johnny

Johnny

Had to post this Photo of the finished result for this thread! Thanks to TedEbear for showing me the way to posting photos along with helpful advice to pulled pork and thanks to everyone else who guided me along the way right to the dinner plate!

watchdog56

Johnny

Taste was all there but not as tender as I would like, Ran out of time that day but next time I try this I will start the night b4!