Sh...t happends, and this time it happend to me

Started by PaulHenrik, January 22, 2017, 04:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulHenrik

Hello Bradley members.
I bought a Bradley Digital Smoker Replacement Smoke Generator on ebay. My first one is broken after 5 years use. Probably some loose connections on the electric system. The panel is blinking on and of. When it is on, it does not react when i push bottons.

However, saturday i had my first try to smoke some ham with the new smoke generator.
The smoker started, and everythin seamed to work good. Byt after five minuttes the fuse (in my house) broke. When i checked the smoker, the burn element for woodpucks whas melted. At the display, everything seemed to be ok. When i checked, i discovered that the new smokegenerator is a 110 volt version. In Norway we have 220 volt! The heat element in the cabin and the panel seams to work normal.

What do i do now?
Is it possible to by some new parts to make my new smokegenerator to a 220 volt version?
What parts are probably broken, and need to be replaced in my (new 110volt) smoker?
Is it possible to move the panel from the 110 volt version over to the old 220 volt version - and then hope that the old smoker is fit for fight igain?
I hope somebody can help me.

Best regards
Paul Andreassen

jesse_sanders

Take this opportunity to buy a non Bradley product!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shasta bob

Use more time to do more investigation on what you are buying on ebay, Just my two cents.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to welcome you to the forum in this manner.

Are you able to purchase a 220v to 110v converter that will handle 750 watts; 800 watts to be a little safer. Even if you find a converter, you will need to replace the bisquette burner.

I'm not sure if you can install a board designed fore 110v, for a system designed for 220v. Try to find a forum that will answer that electrical question for you.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

PaulHenrik

Thank you for answering.
First, i have learnd my lession. Next time i by something on ebay, i vill do more investigation.
Next, i have found a converter that can handle 1500 watts from 220v to 110v. The biscuette burner vil be replaced.
If this do not work out, i have to by a new smoke generator. (the new smart smoker?)

Olev

Hei Paul-Henrik.

Sad to hear that your generator was 110V

Your internal electrical components are probably all useless at this point.
You have 2 choices to go about it:
a) buy a 220v generator
b) buy a replacement LCD screen, power supply box, main burner and the bisquette burner.

for parts in Europe please call:
Tomas Johansson / North Brands

Sweden: Telefon:   +46 (0) 72-3370546
Epost: [email protected]

or to main distributor in UK

Grakka Limited   
Telephone: + 44 (0) 1803 712712

Gil Moore: [email protected]
General: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]

Beste ønsker,
Olev

Edward176

Welcome to the Forum PaulHenrik, Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the smoke generator. My brother-in-law moved to Europe from Canada and took his smoker with him. To avoid the 220/110 volt issue he wired a couple electrical receptacles in the garage and shed to 110 volts. I sent him a few female receptacles and problem is resolved. Since you can't mistakenly plug one into the other he has dedicated plugs for his smoker. Last year I visited him and it works real good. Just another suggestion.