New element no photos

Started by Shasta bob, January 22, 2017, 11:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

Wow what a difference it made. yesterday I installed the 1000 watt finned element from Zoro, Wow it went from 0-225degrees in 14 minutes.  after a smoke I will do a auto tune then probable do the fan install. I can't believe I waited so long, the recovery time is fantastic. if your in doubt this is the real deal.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Edward176

Good to hear that you're happy with the recovery rate :). Just wondering if you are using a PID, or running off your smoke generator Controller? I've been toying with the same idea for some time now but it sounds like you have to go to a PID to avoid damaging your smoke generator controller. Thanks for the insight.

Shasta bob

I was impressed with both first I used it plain and I was impressed, then hooked up the Auber duel probe PID and it was perfect just as I was hopping great recovery time also. the PID worked great stopped it at 225 degrees and held there. couldn't ask for any better, just waiting to load it with meat to do the auto tune. 
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

TedEbear

I have occasionally said that if Bradley would ever put out a model with a 1000W element (or even 750W) and a true PID controller at a reasonable price they would have to hire a second shift production to keep up with the demand in sales.

I converted mine to 1000W (dual 500W elements) with an internal PID about 5 years ago and it's like night and day, compared to the stock setup.