Hey Guys

Started by Ahzz1816, February 13, 2017, 08:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahzz1816

New to the Bradley smoker family just got a 4 rack digital smoker. I always wanted a Bradley and now that I have one I am actually having problems with it -_-.  I signed up here to try to get help and to see what is going on and grab some ideas, tips, and tricks.

I live in NY near Buffalo so It gets pretty cold here, I always wanted one of these smokers so I can in theory, use it year round.

cherrybergher

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear you're having issues.  However this is a great forum for knowledge and expertise.
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Scotty-G

Welcome Ahzz1816
Several of us have built cabinets that we store and operate our smokers inside of.  Do a search in the forum and you can find a few designs - mine is built in homage to my favorite science fiction tv show and I can run it year round, even when it rains - I just don't get snow where I live.  Some have even done setups to run the smoker inside their house or apartment - I don't sign up for that and don't necessarily recommend it.

I can not speak to the cold winters in Buffalo but there are members from Alaska here that run their smokers and maybe they can chime in on running the smokers in winter.

Scotty-G

Johnny

Welcome to the forum Ahzz1816! I live in Nl Canada and have ran my 4 rack in the cold of winters without many issues. There are a few things you can do to help retain heat such as adding tinfoiled covered bricks etc.. what is the problem you are having?

Edward176

Welcome to the Forum Ahzz1816, lots of help and advice here if needed. Living in Central Canada winter smoking can be and is a challenge. I just replaced cold beer in summer to hot coffee in the winter months. Somehow it isn't the same, but the smoked meat doesn't seem to complain any.