Bradley users in the UK.

Started by Hamlet 77, February 19, 2017, 08:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamlet 77

I recently started smoking meat and fish after getting a book on it. I have now gone mad and am expecting my Bradley 4 rack digital smoker later this week.

I would like to hear from any UK users, and like to hear their experiences.

I'm from Liverpool.
Life's to short to chew grass

Edward176

LOL, Welcome to the Forum Hamlet77. I'm not from Liverpool nor the UK, but like you I was bitten by the same bug that bit you. I purchased my Bradley some 3 years ago and love it very much. Made countless mistakes and learned from them. Read other forum members problems and followed their solutions and now make many items in my smoker, chicken, smoked cold cuts, sausages, cheeses, etc.  Doesn't take long to learn, just document as you go and it get easier. So have fun and Enjoy.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Chappy

Hi Hamlet77. I have owned a 4 rack digital smoker for a year and have put it to great use.. I placed mine in a small shed that is vented as it's quite open and windy in my garden through winter and spring. Had fantastic results with Whole chickens, pulled pork from shoulder, Beef Brisket, cheeses. I've also smoked sea salt and paprika to add to BBQ sauces. Enjoy it mate, it will soon be an obsession!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat"?

Chappy

Chappy

My little setup

Roget

YCDBSOYA

Edward176

Looks good Chappy. I have a question for you, in the second picture I can see 2 silver pucks on top of the smoke generator. Is that tin/aluminum foil covering 2 Bradley Bisquettes? I assume you use those and they don't burn up? Or is it something else, just curious.

Chappy

They are dirty pucks made from compressed  tinfoil. Follow this link. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=35256.0.       

They work really well and save on part burnt bisquettes .

Edward176

Thank You Chappy, its the first I've seen this, never occurred that something like this could work. Now I have to try it and make a couple for myself, Thanks for posting the link :)

Hamlet 77

My digital 4 rack finally arrived today...... Don't ask.

I am waiting till the weekend to set up, then there will be no stopping me.

Chappy

What are you planning for your first smoking session Hamlet 77?

Hamlet 77

Quote from: Chappy on February 28, 2017, 05:21:33 AM
What are you planning for your first smoking session Hamlet 77?

I'm think I'm going to have to smoke some cod or hot smoke salmon, because I'm desperately low on both for kedgeree and pasta dishes. My latest batch of bacon is still curing for another week so I won't be cold smoking that.

I've been reading the recipe book and notice you can smoke minced beef, since I found a brilliant source of mince recently I might give that a try. Both beef and venison. Talking of venison we have a large haunch in the freezer doing nothing, but I fear my sister won't let me get my hands on that.

So as you can see this piece of kit is not going to be idle

Hamlet 77

Well seasoned my smoker this morning and have just finished smoking nearly 3 pounds of chicken breasts, a learning experience but boy the chicken is cooked perfectly.

Good grief it is just so easy. Just have to get my timings right.