Adding a second element.

Started by PowerDr, March 08, 2017, 10:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerDr

I was looking for information about adding a second element to my OBS.  I have found a lot of links to this susanminor.org site but every time I try to access it, it gives me

Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (17)

Had anyone else had trouble getting to this site?  I was looking for a write up on how to add the second element and it looks like there are quite a few of them, but they all link to that susanminor site.

Thanks in advance.

TedEbear

I can post a link to the archive version of the "how-to" on doing this but it does not include pics.  If you want that plus pics you can d/l the entire recipe file at the link below.  You'll need "Recipe_v5" and "GSReader v2.8" in the link to the thread below.

Recipe Site Download

I added a second element to mine a few years ago.  For the wiring, I made a couple of 3-4" loops of high temp wire, some non-insulated ring terminals and connected the ends of the two elements together.  I also added a PID controller inside the smoke generator.  The stock Bradley temp control is not designed to handle anything higher than 500W.