4 Rack smoker issues..

Started by Ahzz1816, February 13, 2017, 07:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward176

Looks good Johnny, did you vent the exhaust pipe out through the wall? Just wondering if the flexible Dryer vent from exhaust hood wouldn't cool the exhaust too quickly and cause black rain down in the cold winter months?

Ahzz1816

Quote from: Johnny on February 21, 2017, 09:48:35 AM

I just rigged this up for venting, ran a smoke thru it on Saturday and seemed not too bad. I would say it took 80% out.
Johnny.

That looks nice! that is something that I would like to do almost identical, I was just going to use a dryer exhaust cut a hole in the wall and there ya go. or maybe just add a window. The structure the smoker is in is a small shed I really no longer have a use for I was going to tear it down but it's in good shape so it can house my smoker.

Quote from: Edward176 on February 21, 2017, 09:50:06 AM
Well Ahzz1816, very glad everything worked out for you and you are now happy with your Bradley Smoker. Unfortunately electronics/electrical equipment can, on a rare occasion, be defective and cause a lot of heart ache. I, like thousands of other HAPPY Bradley owners, are just that, very satisfied with our Bradley Smoker. I've had mine now for 3 years and have had a great deal of success and enjoyment with it. Good Luck and Keep On Smoking :) 

Yeah, this unit is more of what I was expecting from the BDS the last one is/was terrible it just didn't seem right

Quote from: Edward176 on February 21, 2017, 09:56:26 AM
Looks good Johnny, did you vent the exhaust pipe out through the wall? Just wondering if the flexible Dryer vent from exhaust hood wouldn't cool the exhaust too quickly and cause black rain down in the cold winter months?

What is this black rain you speak of?

Johnny

Ed The range hood vents straight up about 10' above the smoker and out thru the soffit on the building, I had that problem of sucking all the heat from the cabinet b4 as you know but since I broke the connection ( where the Knotch 's are)  heat remains in the cabinet. Also i'm not getting black rain at all, other than some smell of smoke in the shop ( guessing you cant get it all) everythings working as it should!

Johnny

Ahzz1816 Black rain is where the smoke turns into water when being vented out and drips down on whatever you have in the smoker creating little black spots on your food. nothing that will hurt you though  :)

Edward176

Thanks Johnny, it looks impressive and is giving me some ideas of my own on venting. I have a double car insulated garage and its drywalled inside and brick on the exterior, so now I'll have to buy a new house and garage just to accommodate my smoker. I'm sure my wife will understand, I mean all this smoking is for her..

cherrybergher

Sounds like a plan Edward, let me know how you make out with that 8)
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Johnny

Ed this is just an idea.. can you bring your 4" duct up through the celling and vent out through your soffit ?

Edward176

I suppose that would be possible Johnny, I have 12 foot ceiling in the garage, so that would be quite a run. In Winter it gets pretty #^&*% cold here so through the ceiling and into the attic (Very cold) and then vent through the soffit. I'd be a little worried about the smoke/moisture freezing up in the chimney/vent. Heard some horror stories with ice building up and falling back down chimneys. But thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into it.