E error

Started by Johnny, March 30, 2017, 05:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

2nd time in a row ive got an E error from the smoke generator
Tonight I got about 80 mins of smoke when this happened.. is  something dirty?

TedEbear

It talks about the "E" error message in the link I posted to the user recipe site in your brisket thread.  Here's the link directly to it.  Scroll down a bit to get to the FAQ about the E message.

What is an "E" message?

Johnny

Done the first steps with taking the generator apart and checking wires and looking for debris. Still didn't work. 2nd step says to reset the micro switch. My model must be different because there is no micro switch that I can see. I purchased this unit last june. Perhaps things have changed since then.

Olev

Try to advance the bisquette manually while the generator is open and see if the motor arm is moving at all and has no hesitation. Motor arm should stop on either on the switch or on IR(infrared) sensor depending on your year and model.

If motor continues without stopping that means either the switch or IR sensor are misaligned or faulty. All newer models have IR sensor and new type of arm. At the end of the arm there is a tip which moves through the IR sensor and cuts the invisible beam.

If motor is not moving or stops before it hits the switch or IR sensor then motor needs to be replaced.

Johnny

I think I have found the problem,, the feeder tube must have not been seated correctly. I ran the generator for 2 hours empty and never got the error. I then added 6 bisquettes and the they seemed to start jamming up and I got the error. I took the tube out, and the bisquettes out.. seated the tube again and replaced the bisquettes and it seems ok now. fingers crossed!

Olev

Glad you figured it out !