Saying Hi

Started by Cndngrl, April 09, 2017, 10:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cndngrl

Hubs got me a 4 rack smoker for Christmas. As winter here is just ending, I've finally set it up today, and am currently seasoning it. Thought while I was doing that I'd introduce
myself here, and browse through the posts. So...
Hi from this Canadian Girl, I can't wait to start smoking;)

Johnny

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people on here with lots and lots of experience and knowledge!
Johnny.

Shasta bob

welcome from down under (Oregon)
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

gricardsimplycol

Welcome  for Vermont

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cndngrl

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Quick question. What do you guys use as a stand/cabinet, etc for your smoker. Right now I have mine one blocks. But I'd like something better. My problem is I don't want something permanent (as in not moveable), as we will plan to move in the next couple of years. Any suggestions?

Shasta bob

mine is on a rolling cart and stored in the garage, when smoking I roll it out to the Costco plastic shed to be able to keep the wind off of it and i'm able to control temp better.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Johnny

Quote from: Cndngrl on April 09, 2017, 02:00:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Quick question. What do you guys use as a stand/cabinet, etc for your smoker. Right now I have mine one blocks. But I'd like something better. My problem is I don't want something permanent (as in not moveable), as we will plan to move in the next couple of years. Any suggestions?
I have mine on a bench in our cabinet shop, it has a range hood about 1 ' above it. I would say if you had an old coffee table or something at that height would be ideal!

Scoopajp

Hello Cndngrl. I to am Cdn. Love my Bradley smoker to. I really like the fact that I can do search on net for specific recipes for Bradley. I have had mine for 2 years now. Just recently got cold smoke attachment. Made some Lox (cold smoked salmon) was fantastic. Best cold smoked salmon I have ever had. Have fun with yours and experiment a lot. You will really enjoy it.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Smoker John

Welcome to the forum. Like Shasta Bob I have mine on a rolling cart. Found it on Amazon as they were clearing it out because it was slightly damaged. Retailed for $200 & I bought it for $80 something delivered, got lucky with that purchase. It is exactly the same as the one Bradley sells without the name & it was a fraction of the price.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

gricardsimplycol

I have a shelf outside under my deck that I smoke on. Just happens to be an outlet right there.
Dont know  your physical capabilities  but the smoker is very light and can be moved from outside to inside or reverse very easily

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Quote from: Cndngrl on April 09, 2017, 02:00:37 PM
Quick question. What do you guys use as a stand/cabinet, etc for your smoker.

Welcome aboard.  I store mine in the basement and just carry it out and set it on the concrete patio when I want to use it.

Quote from: Scoopajp on April 10, 2017, 07:12:17 AM
I really like the fact that I can do search on net for specific recipes for Bradley.

Here's a link to the archives of the Bradley user recipe site:  Recipes from the Bradley Smoker Forums

cherrybergher

howdy! welcome to the forum
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"