Cold smoke of more than one

Started by Cndngrl, April 13, 2017, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cndngrl

I'm still extremely new to smoking, so please bear with what is about to be a dumb question for most of you. I have planned to smoke some cheese tomorrow. My son just asked that if I'm cold smoking cheese, could I cold smoke some back bacon for him at the same time.  Is this something I can do at the same time as the cheese, or should I do it after the cheese? I don't know if this matters, but I have a 4 rack. The cheese can fit on 2 racks.

GusRobin

you should be able to do it, I'd put the meat on the bottom racks.

Also, don't worry - no matter how "stupid" the question may seem, most of us probably have asked it before or wish someone would ask it. So if you need info, just ask.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

pwabrahams

I'd think that a temperature high enough to do a good job on the bacon would likely melt the cheese.  But that's only a speculation.

Salmonsmoker

You need to keep the temperature below 90F when smoking cheese otherwise it starts to droop through the grates. Personally, I think 60-70F is the best temp. for smoke adhering to cheese. The danger zone for meat is 40F-140F. The temp would be fine for cold smoking BB but it has to be properly cured.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.