7 lb Pork Butt Brined over night &Smoked 12 hrs.

Started by CantRepeat, May 07, 2017, 04:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CantRepeat

First time I've brined a butt and too tired to really try it but the lick of my fingers and the couple nib let's that fell out of the pan while pulling it are freaking amazing.  Gonna try some for breakfast today when I wake up. Good day..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny

CantRepeat

CantRepeat

Quote from: Johnny on May 07, 2017, 05:08:35 AM
Looks good!
Does this site not allow videos? Having trouble posting some.

CantRepeat

Quote from: CantRepeat on May 07, 2017, 04:51:54 AM
First time I've brined a butt and too tired to really try it but the lick of my fingers and the couple nib let's that fell out of the pan while pulling it are freaking amazing.  Gonna try some for breakfast today when I wake up. Good day..

Absolutely Amazing. I'm surprised because I've heard a lot of negativity about brining butts. 

CantRepeat

Quote from: CantRepeat on May 07, 2017, 11:03:07 AM
Quote from: CantRepeat on May 07, 2017, 04:51:54 AM

Absolutely Amazing. I'm surprised because I've heard a lot of negativity about brining butts. 

Yup.  This is hitting the spot.  Yummmm

TedEbear

Quote from: CantRepeat on May 07, 2017, 11:00:20 AM
Does this site not allow videos? Having trouble posting some.

If you host them on a different site you can post the link to them.

BBQ_Ben

Did you wet brine? With what and how long? I just ran 15lbs of pork butt through my new Bradley, but no brine...

CantRepeat

Quote from: BBQ_Ben on May 08, 2017, 10:24:15 AM
Did you wet brine? With what and how long? I just ran 15lbs of pork butt through my new Bradley, but no brine...

For Up to 7lb  Butt only. If larger you'll need to double recipe..
8 cups Apple Juice
4 cups room temp water
1/2 cup Worcestershire
1/2 cup table sat
1/2 cup DARK brown sugar
Combine ingredients in a large bowl and whisk for at least 10 minutes to make sure all salt and sugar crystals have dissolved
Pour over pork Butt and make sure it's fully immersed in brine.  Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hrs.  I like to do mine for 36 hrs. When you pull the butt out DO NOT discard the brine.. I then inject the butt using the brine with a meat injector.
Next I rub the heck out of it with my favorite rub and let it sit out so it becomes room temp.
Very important to preheat Smoker for 15 to minutes once it reaches temp. I smoke it at 225 for 5 hrs then put it in a disposable tin pan and continue to smoke till it hits 190 internal meat temp.
The left over Brine I use as a mop and after the first hour I mop it every hour on the hour. 
I like to add Dr Pepper soda to the brine when I start mopping with it.  You. An play with it all you want.  The reason I put it in a pan is so when I go to pull it apart the juices at the bottom of pan keep the meat really moist.  No need for BBQ sauce this way.  Just my preference...but once you do it you'll never go back.  Good luck keep us posted.