Sous vide Brisket

Started by Johnny, April 25, 2017, 02:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Just thought I'd share my sucess with brisket done sous vide! So awesome and tender! 30 hours @ 155F, let rest in the fridge for 2 days and into the oven @ 300 for 2 hours to finish.

Edward176

Looking real good there Johnny.

Johnny

Thanks Ed,
Haven't heard from you on here in a while! Whatcha been up too?

cherrybergher

Looks good, glad to hear the equipment is working well
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Johnny

Oh Man! What a way to cook meat! Glad you gave me the push to buy this,, so enjoying the food it puts out.

Johnny

If I can figure a way to smoke a brisket, sous vide it then finish in the oven I would have the most tender brisket with a beauty smoke ring... hungry now lol

cherrybergher

LOL now you've got me wanting brisket too 8)
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Johnny on May 09, 2017, 11:43:19 AM
If I can figure a way to smoke a brisket, sous vide it then finish in the oven I would have the most tender brisket with a beauty smoke ring... hungry now lol

I've never tried to sous vide a brisket or other tough cuts, but if you do a google search "sous vide smoked brisket", you will get a lot of hits. Many are instructions of smoking after you have sous vide, but there are a few that smoke prior to sous vide. The link below uses the method of smoking first, and it will be easily adapted to smoking in the Bradley. But if you smoke it in the Bradley you will not achieve a smoke ring.

Smoked Beef Brisket

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Johnny

Just finished reading the link, thanks for sending it! It looks so amazing! I understand we can't achieve a smoke ring using a Bradley.. I think I simply had a picture painted in my mind at the time and was day dreaming about this lol.
A smoke ring has no specific taste im assuming but it just looks so darn good!

Habanero Smoker

Smoke rings can be finicky even with the organic fuel burning at a high temperature. Often I cannot achieve a smoke ring in one of my charcoal burners, one I have great success in achieving the smoke ring.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)