Magnetic Door seal

Started by gricardsimplycol, May 05, 2017, 02:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gricardsimplycol

Recently I replaced the magnetic door seal on my BOSS 4 rack . Anyone else have experience  doing this ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

I have replaced a whole door, but in the process had problems with the door seal.

What do you need to know, or what's the problem?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

gricardsimplycol

Well, I took the old seal off then when the new one arrived I removed the piece  of sheet metal  to put the seal on it while  it was on the bench. In the process of taking this off I removed the thermometer  and before I pulled  the sheet metal  down a piece  of galvanized strap 1 1/4 wide by 13 1/4 long with  3 screw holes (2of which)had a washer spot welded to the hole fell out. Can't figure where it belongs.  There is a piece  of the same material top and bottom  but they are angle shaped and i see where they go as they didn't fall out.  There is an indentation   although small just above the temp probe that looks like this may have been there but none of the holes line up for any placement there.  I just put the door back together and left it out . Not sure if it will have any effect on the door . Just wondering about this.
I know as a kid when i took things apart there was always an extra piece  left over when it was put back together. This is normal right 🤣

Habanero Smoker

Sorry!! I can't help with this one. Hopefully someone will come along and know the answer. From the description it sounds like a reinforcement brace to make the door a bit more sturdier.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

gricardsimplycol

That's what I thought. A few days ago a person who said he was head of marketing or something like that made a post on the Bradley smoker fan club page on Facebook  .I sent him the same question but never received a response  back from him. thanks for taking the time.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello

The piece of sheet metal with the 3 holes in it belongs on the bottom of the door behind the sheet metal face. It acts like a stiffener plate.

Brian.