Wild turkey

Started by bighead34, May 06, 2017, 06:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighead34

I have been following this forum since i bought my Bradley a year ago. First post. have smoked about 20 rounds in my blue four rack, mostly fish and pork. Shot my first Tom Turkey early this morning here in central Minnesota. I would love to smoke him. Have any of you had sucess with the turkey?

Sent from my NXA116QC164 using Tapatalk

gricardsimplycol

How you gonna  get that bird in there?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gricardsimplycol

I think you may need a big pipe🤣

bighead34

Quote from: gricardsimplycol on May 06, 2017, 07:09:30 AM
I think you may need a big pipe🤣

It will fit if I tie the wings up and remove a rack or two.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

gricardsimplycol

Wow let me know how it turns out please

TedEbear

Quote from: bighead34 on May 06, 2017, 06:40:06 AMI would love to smoke him. Have any of you had sucess with the turkey?

You'll find all kinds of ideas and tips in the Poultry section of the forum.  Welcome aboard.   :)

bighead34

Quote from: TedEbear on May 06, 2017, 08:18:17 AM
Quote from: bighead34 on May 06, 2017, 06:40:06 AMI would love to smoke him. Have any of you had sucess with the turkey?

You'll find all kinds of ideas and tips in the Poultry section of the forum.  Welcome aboard.   :)
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Johnny

Congratulations on your first Tom! I can remember when I shot my first in Southern Ontario, sure is a great feeling.
Welcome to the forum!

bighead34

Quote from: Johnny on May 06, 2017, 09:06:44 AM
Congratulations on your first Tom! I can remember when I shot my first in Southern Ontario, sure is a great feeling.
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, only problem is I hunted for an hour, now my season is done.

gricardsimplycol

Used to hunt them with my brother never could figure out why someone would spend so much time hunting a bird that give you a single meal for 2 when there's plenty if white tails that you can fill the freezer with.