My second smoke

Started by pwven, May 13, 2017, 07:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwven

The second smoke was hot smoke with some pork ribs, lamb ribs and potatoes. For the first try it came out very well. The meat was very tasty and tender. Smoke the food for 3.5 hours between 210F and 230F. Had no problems with getting up to temperature, after the first hour the temp was bout 215F. To control the temp was not that easy so my next little project is to make a PID controller for the smoker. The food tasted great and I am looking forward to my nest smoking session nest week.

Original Bradley Smoker
PID controller
Cold smoke adaptor
Second element 2 x 500 Watt

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

pwven

Original Bradley Smoker
PID controller
Cold smoke adaptor

mipper

How did you find the potatoes?  I just smoked some potatoes, and after 2.5 hours between 225 and 250 they were still a bit hard on the inside...

pwven

Quote from: mipper on June 03, 2017, 05:51:05 PM
How did you find the potatoes?  I just smoked some potatoes, and after 2.5 hours between 225 and 250 they were still a bit hard on the inside...
I smoked the potatoes together with the meat for a total 4 hours. The potatoes was well done and tasted good but the skin on the outside was a bit hard and tuff.
Original Bradley Smoker
PID controller
Cold smoke adaptor

paulopadrao

Thanks for your experience. Looks very nice.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

gricardsimplycol

That's the temp my Bradley gets to. Never above 240 with meat in it. Empty i can get warmed up to 310 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gricardsimplycol

Thought about adding the 2 nd element but decided to just go with it how it was intended to work . Any higher temp i might as well use my oven . "Low and slow" is the way to go

gricardsimplycol

I find its better to par cook veggies