made some kabanosy

Started by carbon, May 27, 2017, 12:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbon

Hi everyone
I made some kabanosy in my bradley digital smoker Bradley works perfect .
Kabanosy are tasty but i think , next time i put little more nutmeg and coraway .
Short movie  making my kabanosy : https://youtu.be/2uKB4Aw7vj4

cherrybergher

nice video, that sausage looks amazing.  Welcome to the forum
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Edward176

Hey carbon and welcome to the Forum. I got a recipe for kabanosy from my brother-in-law a couple of years ago. Can't keep them around, I end up making 6+ kg and they're gone within a few days to a week. I prefer to hang mine on a stick in the basement for a week before munching on  them. I don't add any sugar but add a little garlic for that old country flavour. Either way they are probably our favourite sausage.

carbon

Thank You

Yep Kabanosy is thing that everybody likes.
Drying for couple days is good and gives kabanosy extra flavor.
I put some sugar for the better consistency I mean the kabanosy snapped up more easily, and more crumbly witch is the plus in orginal kabanosy but in meny other sausages isn't preferred texture.
Next time I will use 2 tablespoons kosher salt ( less salty then table) and extra teaspoon caraway and nutmeg and don't use any water, I think  drying 20 min,1,5 h smoking  , and baking 20 minutes is enough for entire smoking process.
Some folks grind the  lean meat through 3/8 plate and fat through 1/4 plate   , but I use 8mm( just little smaller then 3/8) and works for me .
And I use 22-24 sheep casing and no problem with stuffing ( when using 10 mm stuffing tube).

Edward176

Excellent job there carbon, If I knew where you lived I come over and sample a stick or two! A shot of wodka and kabanosy to help it go down, na zdrowie!