It's possible to just smoke or just oven with the BOS?

Started by darencoltivia, May 25, 2017, 09:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darencoltivia

Hello. I would like to know if is possible to use just the smoker unit without the oven and if is possible to use just the oven without the smoker unit with the Original Smoker BS611?

I had an Bradley Counter-top smoker that no longer works and now I wonder which smoker to buy. Original 4-rack or digital 4-rack.

With my old counter-top smoker I could only turn ON the smoker unit or just the oven.

On the original smoker, the red button ON/OFF is used to turn ON the smoker unit and the oven or just the smoker unit?

Thank you.

Smoker John

Welcome. Not sure about the OBS but with the digital one you can operate the smoke generator or oven independently
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

darencoltivia

On the Original, on the generator box the oven roller seems to have a turn OFF mode?

Toker

You can not with the BS611. The only way is to turn it on without wood.

Envoyé de mon iPod touch en utilisant Tapatalk

darencoltivia

Thank you Toker. Im from QC too.

And you know what temperature it does in the smoker if only the smoker unit works?

I dont know if it's good to run the smoker unit without wood with the oven to ± 200 F?

Olev

Hi darencoltivia,

You can operate all of our smokers in 3 different ways:
a) with smoke only
b) with heat only in the cabinet
c) with smoke and heat together.

if you using smoke only option on BS611 the temperature can rise up to 120-140 F depending on your outside conditions and amount of product in the oven.

Hope it helps.

Toker

How can i operate it without the generator both are pluged together?

Toker

Darren if you speaker french join me there https://www.facebook.com/groups/290797328030962/