pid

Started by manfromplaid, June 02, 2017, 04:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

my pid died :( >:( :'(

Gafala

I have heard that there is a Wi-Fi PID in the works for Bradley just no idea when it will be out but there are ways of making one now if you are electronics minded.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

TedEbear

Quote from: manfromplaid on June 02, 2017, 04:01:32 PM
my pid died :( >:( :'(

Auber Instruments sells new ones.   :)

RAF128

Tell us what happened.  My be a simple fix.   I had a problem with mine.  The sensor wire was damaged.  Contacted auber and the sent a new one.   It almost cost more to ship it and the part cost

manfromplaid

sent email to auber and hope they can help. temps just started bouncing all over.  ordered a new probe as mine was looking a little worn but when I used it last night after autotune it stared ok but then the warning buzzer started and --- was all the display would show. unplugged and finished my smoke with the Bradley but I have the dual 500 mod and would prefer using my pid. will hear back from auber next week and go from there..

watchdog56

My guess is you need a new probe. The wires on my old one looked a little worn where they go into the solid metal probe and my numbers were jumping all over the place also. Got a new heavy duty probe and has worked fine.

manfromplaid

heard back from auberins. the lack of a code indicates a probe issue. it could be that my new probe is a dude also and they will send me another or they offered a nice discount on an upgraded pid. I can take my current pid to a shop for testing and try to fix, which is what I plan to do and keep it as a spare or find some other use for it. my new single probe WS-1211GPH is on it's way.