Help with Auberin WSD-1200GPH

Started by Mayweather, June 09, 2017, 10:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayweather

Hi all,

Trying to get my Auberin PID WSD-1200GPH set up today which i bought many years ago and never touched. I noticed when i plug everything in and turn the switches on the oven on the heating element on the Smoker Tower comes on automatically even if i haven't pushed the "Oven On" Button on the Smoker Box. Can someone please tell me if this is normal?

Also i have wired the PID and have set the unit to maintain a temperature of 250F for 13 hours as a test. I noticed the output light of the Auber turned off after it hit 250F but the cabin temp continues to rise and rise to 260, then 270, 280 etc. So clearly something is not working here and the Auber is not shutting off the heating element. Can someone please advise?

I have the PID Controller Output plugged into Smoke Tower. The Smoke Generator is plugged into a power outlet, and the PID Controller is also plugged into a power outlet. This is how i have it wired so far. Is there meant to be a connection between the "Heater" on the back of the PID controller and the Smoke Generator? The Quick Guide for the WSD-1200GPH does not state you need this for the DBS.

Thanks.

Habanero Smoker

I'm not that familiar with the Auber, but I do have a temperature controller, and they all seem to have a similar hookup. It seems you have you connections correct. If you had the power buttons in the "ON" position on both the smoker and PID, then I could see everything coming on after everything is hooked up and plugged in. If the light went out at 250°F, that indicates it was hooked up properly, and you had an overshoot of 30°F, so you will need to auto tune your PID.

Is there meant to be a connection between the "Heater" on the back of the PID controller and the Smoke Generator?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Your model should have two plugs. One for the heater (smoking cabinet), and one for the generator. The one for the generator is for convenience. You don't have to use it, if you have another outlet to plug the generator into. You have to hook the smoking cabinet to the plug labeled "HEATER", or the PID cannot control the heating element.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mayweather

Hey thanks for the help. You made me realise i had the wiring incorrectly done. I did not have the Controller going to the Tower, only to the smoke generator. All sorted now and maintains temperature very accurately :).

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)