Author Topic: Any chance for a new Counter-Top Smoker?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline MichaelC

Any chance for a new Counter-Top Smoker?
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:20:44 am »
I've been a huge fan of the Bradley Smoker for almost a decade and am on my second one, but I never knew about this portable product and am sad to see that I missed out.

We recently got an RV, and I would love to get something more portable than my current 4-rack (which I don't take with me because it's too big).  Even better, I would love to see something with a wider, shorter profile.  Something wide enough to put a whole brisket (the meat of choice here in Texas!) without cutting it in half.

I think this could be a fabulous niche for Bradley Smoker.  There are about 10 million RVing families in the US, and I have to think that almost all of us love grilling and smoking great meat.  There would be tremendous word of mouth.  I'm sure every time we smoke, all of our neighbors would have to stop to find out more.

Has anyone seen these Counter-Top Smokers still available anywhere?  I checked Amazon, eBay, and Bradley's site, and there was nothing on any of those.

Offline Smoker John

Re: Any chance for a new Counter-Top Smoker?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:04:18 am »
Welcome Michael C, I highly doubt we will see another one. The last one had some issues & was discontinued your best bet may be to search for a used one if no old stock is available.
I luv using ours camping you can see my setup here. I still use it & has been good for me.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=35415.0
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Offline MichaelC

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:28:32 pm »
I can still hope and wish, though.

Might have to try to fit my OBS into the storage compartment.  I have a feeling it's too tall, though.

I still think a wider, shorter form factor with wider racks would be very well received.  And something designed specifically for campers would have a viral popularity.

I'm tempted to build one myself and just use a Bradley smoke generator.

Offline Smoker John

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:32:02 am »
I'm with you there. Might be worth a shot creating your own version.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »
Bradley used to have a break-down camp model that used propane. Try their product line to see if they still make it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:34:20 am by Salmonsmoker »
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Offline BC Smoker

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 07:39:45 pm »
You know, a few years back I found, online, a "D" cell battery operated  rotisserie. Took it camping with us, and managed to build a really neat cardboard "house" for smoking a pork butt. A small pile of charcoal briquettes some wood chips and a lot of questions from campers and the camp warden (due to a fire ban) no fire but lots of smoke, all were  quite  impressed. The butt turned out great, we must've been the most popular group there. Just for your info. In the Vancouver Craigslist there are two new in box table top Bradley smokers for sale

Offline MichaelC

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 07:42:20 am »
So on Father's Day, after giving up on a travel-sized Bradley Smoker, I bought a travel-sized pellet smoker. All I can say is -- WOW!  I intended this to be something we just take on RV trips, but it's quickly become my everyday smoker and grill.  A whole brisket fits on the rack.  Four slabs of ribs fit across the rack (stacked).  Six big burgers fit easily.  A couple dozen sausages or hot dogs fit.  (I've smoked or grilled all of those on it, with great results!)  I get a natural smoke ring and incredible smoke flavor.  It's much more sturdily built.  It has a built-in PID with WiFi, and iPhone app and programmable recipes/profiles.  The temperature can be precisely controlled and goes all the way up to 550, so I can use it for grilling.  (I always had a hard time getting my Bradley over 200 because I never upgraded the element.)

Offline Habanero Smoker

• Member Extraordinaire
  • KCBS - Master Certified Barbecue Judge
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 01:26:42 pm »
Congratulations!! Sounds like you got a Davey Crocket from. Green Mountain Grills.

I'm glad to read you are getting smoke flavor from your pellet grill. I have the Jim Bowie Wi-Fi. I don't get any detectable smoke flavor from mine.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)