Tin foil tears most times... any alternatives?

Started by csubi, June 23, 2017, 06:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csubi

I have hear rumors of silicone grill mat style pouches.  Apparently for steaming.  Anyone know if these exist?

Any other ideas?

Thanks
"A dry martini"    "Oui, monsieur."    "Wait... Three measures of Gordon's; one of vodka; half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it over ice, and add a thin slice of lemon peel"

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

csubi

"A dry martini"    "Oui, monsieur."    "Wait... Three measures of Gordon's; one of vodka; half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it over ice, and add a thin slice of lemon peel"

Johnny

GusRobin

Wrap them looser. It doesn't have to be wrapped tight, just sealed. I wrap the ribs loosely with the first layer and tighter with a second layer.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Roget

I use the heavy duty Reynolds Wrap, and like GusRobin says, wrap loosely.
Very seldom get a leak.
YCDBSOYA

Habanero Smoker

When are they tearing; when you wrap or when you are taking them off the trays?

If they are tearing when you take them off the tray, as mentioned earlier double wrap them. When you double wrap, the outer layer may stick the rack and tear, but the inner layer will stay in tack, so you won't loose your juices. If they are tearing when you wrap, I always wrap that first layer taunt. Tight enough, but not that tight that the bones will tear through; and you also need to be careful with the second layer. I warp that layer a little tighter.

Or you can use disposable pans, and foil over the top.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

csubi